Frequently Asked Questions
My Child has received a diagnosis. What do I do?
Call Maine Parent Federation. 1-800-870-7746. Or email us at email@example.com. MPF provides information, referral, one on one telephone support, and training to parents of children with disabilities or special health care needs and the professionals who work with these families through numerous grant-funded projects. Our services are offered at no cost to parents and are available statewide.
We provide information and assistance on a broad range of topics including but not limited to:
- Specific Disabilities
- Parenting Issues
- Special Education
- Family Support
- Resources to assist families and professionals within the home, school,and community.
- Information & Referral
- Parent to Parent
- Public Policy/Action Alert
- Lending Library
- Quarterly Newsletter
What is an IEP?
Children with learning or other disabilities may be eligible for special education. The IEP is a Individualized Education Program for your child. For more information about IEP's or to talk to a Parent Information Specialist, call 1-800-870-7746 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is special education?
Special education is defined as specially designed instruction to meet the unique needs of a child with a disability. Related services are services that are needed to assist children with disabilities to benefit from special education. They include:
- Speech-language pathology
- Audiology services
- Interpreting services
- Psychological services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Recreation, including therapeutic recreation
- Early identification and assessment of a child's disabilities
- Counseling services, including rehabilitation counseling
- Orientation and mobility services
- School nursing services
- School health services
- Social work services in schools
- Parent counseling and training
- Medical services for diagnostic or evaluation purposes
For more information about Special Education, or to talk to a Parent Information Specialist, call 1-800-870-7746 or email us at email@example.com